It can be challenging to find the right eye doctor in Port Orange FL, especially if you have specific eye conditions that make it difficult to wear regular contacts. At Total Vision of Port Orange, we will help you learn more about your options for finding the right pair of contacts. We receive many questions about hard-to-fit contacts.
Do I Need Hard to Fit Contacts?
Many eye conditions don't require specialty lenses, but some would benefit. They include:
- Dry eyes
- Papillary conjunctivitis
- Recent LASIK surgery
What are the Different Options for Hard to Fit Contacts?
An optometrist at our office can provide you with several options for your specific condition. Other options may work better, depending on the type of condition that you have. Some options are:
- Gas-permeable lenses: These types of lenses are less prone to debris that can affect soft contact lenses.
- Toric contact lenses: These are great options for astigmatism. Regular contacts can be challenging to fit with the curvature of the lens and cornea.
- Bifocal contact lenses: Lenses that people with presbyopia use.
What is the Process to Fit Hard to Fit Contacts?
We will evaluate you for all of your existing eye conditions during the exam and present you with different options to meet your needs. You should have your vision checked annually to optimize your eyesight and immediately intervene with any treatment. The process generally includes:
- Standard eye exam to evaluate your eye health and overall vision
- Measurement of the corneal curvature, especially if you are going to be fitted with tori lenses
- Measurement of the pupils and iris
- Tear film evaluation since contact lenses affects dry eyes.
- Trial period to ensure that the eyes are the best fit for you
We will also give you a tutorial on adequately taking care of contact lenses. You'll be shown proper hygiene and safety to ensure the lenses are working correctly.
Contact Total Vision of Port Orange for Hard to Fit Contacts
Suppose you have tried many types of contacts in the past with no success, the professionals at Total Vision of Port Orange are here to help. We have fitted patients with various conditions with suitable types of lenses. We will ensure that your pair is comfortable and practical. Call us today at (386) 767-4449 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our eye doctor.