Blurry vision is a common problem that many people deal with every day. It might be a symptom of another, more severe condition or an indication you need new glasses. Thankfully, our optometrist at Total Vision Eye Health Associates optometrist in Port Orange, FL, can help treat blurry vision. Following are the answers to several questions our eye doctor frequently receives regarding blurry vision.
What Causes Blurry Vision?
Some of the factors that cause blurry vision include:
- Eye strain
- Watery eyes
- Not wearing the proper eyewear for an underlying eyesight problem
- Computer vision syndrome which caused by looking at a computer or other screens for long
- Refractive errors which might include farsightedness, nearsightedness, or astigmatism
What Are the Symptoms of Blurry Vision?
People with blurry vision struggle to see objects far away and close up. They might have a fuzzy, cloudy, or dim vision or notice difficulties in some regions of their vision.
Blurry vision might occur with other symptoms like:
- Eye strain or fatigue
- Floaters in the field of vision
- Intolerance to contact lens use
- Increased sensitivity to bright lights
- Need to frequently change your prescription
- Visual abnormalities like wavy, straight lines
- Redness, itchiness, grittiness, or swelling in the eye
- Watery discharge that leaves a crusty, dry residue on the eyelashes and lids
What Are the Risk Factors for Blurry Vision?
Anyone can have blurry vision, but the risk factors include:
- Family history
- Advanced age
- Certain medications
- Excessive computer use
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Environmental factors like smoke, wind, dust, pollen, wind, or dry climate
- Underlying health conditions like obesity, allergies, diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure, and autoimmune disorders
How Does Total Vision Eye Health Associates Diagnose Blurry Vision?
Our optometrist at Port Orange, FL, can diagnose blurry vision during an eye exam. During this process, we’ll determine the clarity of your vision and eye focus. We'll also evaluate your overall eye health to determine if any eye condition or disease might inhibit your sight's clarity.
How Do You Treat blurry vision?
Blurry vision treatment depends on the causes of your condition. For example, if you've cataracts or refractive errors, corrective lenses might help offer clarity to your sight. Alternatively, laser surgery can help correct your eyesight for eye diseases like age-related macular degeneration and glaucoma. A nutritious diet, supplements, lifestyle changes, or eye drops can also help enhance your sight.
How Can I Prevent Blurry Vision From Happening?
Some of the ways to protect your eyes and prevent blurry vision from happening include:
- Avoid smoking
- Eating a healthy diet and use of supplements
- Taking breaks if you spend much time glued on the computer daily
- Always wear a high-quality pair of eyewear when going outside in the sun
Why Shouldn't I Ignore Blurry Vision?
Avoid ignoring blurry vision, as it signifies something is wrong with your eyes. If untreated, blurry vision might cause permanent vision loss! Please consult our eye doctor immediately to help diagnose the cause and offer the proper treatment.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Optometrist for Blurry Vision Correction in Port Orange, FL
At Total Vision Eye Health Associates optometrist in Port Orange, FL, we provide a comprehensive eye exam and treatment for all types of vision disorders. Call us today at (386) 767-4449 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our eye doctor.